Thursday, June 22, 2006

I Think I Did OK

Yesterday was a weird day. I had training all day long. 8 different topics. Talk about fighting sleep all day! If not for my newest friend being in the same training with me I would have been in big trouble.

When I started back here I was worried. I had left under good terms about 5 years ago. No real problems. I wasn't disgruntled or anything. Mostly I left because I was bored. But I did notice back then, just like everyone else had, that the company had become employee un-friendly. The atmosphere was quite depressed. Things here sure have changed.

The new management team, that started shortly after I left, has totally changed the place. Yesterday's training is just one example of it. Way back when the training basically consisted of "Here, read this and sign off. Now get to work." It's not anywhere close to that now. They put you through all kinds of stuff and give you the tools you need to acclimate easily.

There are a lot of employee friendly things going on too. Quality day and the picnic, rewards programs, a lot of things. The atmosphere here is now very positive and so laid back. It makes people want to do a good job and feel proud of what they do. The place is headed in a good direction I think.

I am impressed.

My concerns about coming back are all gone save one; now I want to make sure I am great at my job. I want to do everything plus a little extra so I can succeed which helps the company succeed which works for all of us. I am no 'corporate guy' by any means but I sure am trying to do well here. The motivation is back and the need to be great at my job is back. I lost all that at the last job I had.

I made the right decision coming back here.

No comments: