Thursday, June 01, 2006

This Is The End.....

... like the Doors song? Ok, maybe you don't remember that one.

Today is the real end of the line for me here at this job. I wasn't really 100% into leaving at first but the way things have transpired this past 2 weeks.... well, let's just say today can't end soon enough. Who wants to bet I can't make it a full day?

I like the place. I like a bunch of people here. I will truely miss only 3 of them. Spacebrain, Gabby and our PLC Guru. The rest I don't mind not seeing again. Since Peachy isn't here anymore I don't have that tugging at me. That whole scenario was such a screw job too. Another example of the sorry management here.

Funny how things work out. I wanted to be sure about leaving and the whole scenario of my boss acting like a big baby, cutting off negotiations and (still) completely ignoring my existence made me look around more honestly. I see where there is way too much work to do to get this company into a position of being a good company. It hasn't been profitable since I arrived 5 years ago. I don't know that it ever will be. It will take more than the resources that are here. That includes and especially means the current management.

So after today I will be ready for the new adventure. I'm sure it will take me a little time to get used to the higher pace again. I am looking forward to that. My blogging schedule may be way different. We'll have to play that one by ear. I hope I have less time for it. Then I'll appreciate it more.

So my blogger buddies, I choose to think about it this way; from now on everything is different. Everything has possibilities and there will be lots of new adventures to share with (maybe) someone I haven't even met yet. That whole thought process excites me.

Now, if I can just make that darn clock tick a little bit faster for just a half a day.......

No comments: