Friday, June 23, 2006

It's Funny To Me

Is it bad to be happy about someone getting screwed? I know it's supposed to be a bad thing and I try not to be all excited when someone I dislike gets busted doing something. I try hard but sometimes I fail.

Like recently when I was cruising home and this big, obnoxious dude in a big, loud obnoxious truck was behind me. We were on this short road that the speed limit had been made just 25 mph. (I hate those.) He kept running up on my bumper like he was trying to hitch a ride. There was no one around and the road is 2 lanes so I was getting a little pissed.

Finally he whips around me and speeds off. I smile because the only reason I do the speed limit there (or close to it anyway) is that the cops love to hang around to catch people. Inside I was hoping....

As I crested the last hill I saw Mr. Supertrucker headed down the road and to the left the cop I was expecting whipped out of the parking lot and pulled him over. As I went by and the cop was walking toward his window I had this really smug feeling like I had accomplished something. I hadn't but for some reason I was so happy about the whole deal. I smiled and drove on.

We aren't supposed to feel like that right? I can't help it though. Let's face it, there are jerks in the world and some of us like to see them get it. Sometimes I'm a jerk too and when I get mine I just have to laugh about it in the end.

I just hope he got a really big speeding ticket. ;)

1 comment:

Me said...

I am SO HAPPY TO READ THIS!!!!!!!!!


The jerks that do this to me NEVER GET CAUGHT. EVER. EVER. EVER. You have restored my faith in 'fate' though and I hold out hope.