Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Weekend Update

No, I’m sorry. This isn’t the Saturday Night Live Version. Just me finally getting time to check in.

This past week has been a whirlwind. It’s almost like tit never happened except I remember stuff. The highlights are that I got to have lunch with Peachy on Friday, my cousin got really sick and they amputated half of one leg, a dear friend got married (she is also the Mom of my Godson) Father’s Day came and went and no one gave me something stupid and today we got news that the pregnant co-worker is no longer pregnant.

Lunch with Peachy was the best! I sure miss you sweetie. It was great sitting and being our goofy selves like usual. Pigging out on good food that’s supposed to be bad for you. (We don’t care.) Reminiscing about the old job. Laughing mostly. When you are around Peachy you always laugh. Funny thing, we both knew we had developed some bad habits at that old job. Now we have to shake them off and act like real people again. It hasn’t been that hard to do for me so far.

My cousin has diabetes and got really sick recently. He pretty much lost his sight and his right leg in what sees like about a 2 week span. One week he was OK, soon after he’s on death’s door. Needless to say his life and that of my Aunt & Uncle are never going to be the same. Bummer.

My friend’s wedding this past weekend was so much fun. It was held in this amazing place up in the mountains. You literally had to leave the main roads and drive dirt roads to get there. I was kinda worried about it but once we arrived we were surprised. The place was like a huge private compound set up for parties. The owner has a catering business and must be into some money. There was a big house, a pool, a stage with a dance floor, a building used for serving food complete with a bar, quite a few places built for kids to play and even a real teepee. It was super.

The ceremony was nice and just like my friend promised, short and sweet. Her words were this, “We’ll say I do and then get to the party.” She was honest. It was a fun time. Plus I hooked myself up with tickets to Fenway Park this summer. There was an old friend (who I only knew from the partying days way back when) who was there with her husband. Once we started talking we hit it off pretty well, mostly because he was as big of a Baseball fan as I am. They live in Boston and he’s a huge Sux fan. He also has season tickets and his are right behind 1st base about 3 rows back. I am invited. Even when the Yanks are in town. Can you imaging! I sure can. In exchange I am hooking him up with a golf outing next month when they are back for another visit. I’ve wanted to visit Fenway just to say I did it. I remember Karen visited and survived. I am looking forward to it.

Today our coworker who was pregnant let everyone know that she had a little boy. This department is almost all women and they all are Moms. You should have heard the squealing and carrying-on. You would think it was the greatest event in history, the baby being born. I just waited patiently and smiled and after 10 minutes of details about weight and length (and other gory stuff) I did manage to discern that Mom and baby are healthy. That’s all I really care about with these things anyway. Healthy and happy. Good deal.

Now today I have a million things to do and for some reason I can’t wake up yet. I think it’s because I was out late. Oh, I forgot to mention that I joined a band. The first rehearsal was yesterday for me. It is a band formed by people who work here. Just for fun. I played even thought I went in knowing no songs at all. Plus I was super rusty but I did hold my own.

So that’s my recent update. Time now to get ready for my first meeting of the day. Whoopie!

No comments: