Saturday, July 15, 2006

Images

This morning I had to come into work for a little while. No big deal. But the difference today is a big deal. Instead of being focused on the days work I was able to just let my mind wander as I drove. I noticed right away that it was and it amused me. So I thought I'd take notes and let everyone see how my mind works when left to it's own path. Here are some images from my mind this morning:

Backing out of the driveway I looked at the house. It's not quite a year since we moved in and there is quite a big difference. I need to take 'after pics' and compare them to the 'before pics'.

That old antique fire hydrant beside the State Store is awesome. Wish I had it at my house.

The big old house on the right is for sale. Zoned commercial? That is an amazing house. Must be 75-80 years old. What a waste to make it a commercial property. This is progress?

Saw a sign posted at the restaurant. "Happy Birthday Allie Jo". Made me think of my friend Allie J. Sweet!

Building another bank? Right next to that one? There are literally 6 banks along this one stretch of road. What? 5 miles maybe? We need more banks? And why do they keep building them right next to each other?

Funny, the old drive in sign post is still standing but the drive in is long gone. (The kind where they came to the car window to take your order.) The old 1950's Hot Rod passed me right in front of that old sign. Something ironic there I think.

I also think those days being a thing of the past is so sad. Bummer.

Theres that lawn & garden shop that wouldn't seel out to Lowe's. 4 million for that place they offered. He refused. Now Lowe's has that giant, low priced lawn & garden shop right next to him. He may be doomed.

That old restaurant on the left has closed. been there since before I was born. Sad. Worse for the old people who always went there.

That tire guy sure had to have a rough childhood with a anme like that. Blubaugh's Tires?

Hey, a moped for sale. I think I should get one of those or one of those cool scooters for running around town. Might be fun.

Had to pass that old Jimmy going up the hill. Made me feel sorry for it. The old thing had rust everywhere and all. I remember when having a Jimmy was so cool. That one would be in a retirement home if it were a person. I wonder if he ever made it up the hill. ;)

Passing the meadow that people are fighting to keep from being developed. Pardon me but isn't a meadow supposed to be more than just a mosquito breeding ground? I think those people need to find a real cause to fight for. It's not a meadow. it's a wasteland.

Another carnival on the mountain. Carnival season is the one way to know Summer is in full swing. Brings back a lot of memories. Ummm cotton candy!

Garbage can waiting to be picked up. I wonder how long before all our waste overruns us?

Kids camping in their back yard. I remember those nights when I was little. We didn't have tents like that. We used a blanket and put big rocks at the corners and baseball bats to hold the center up. It always seemd like a great adventure when we slept outside.

Good to see that person knows how to hang their flags properly. I am surprized at how many people do not know proper flag etiquette.

Poor old guy on the road. Seems too nervous to be driving. Stop watching me in your mirror. The road in front of you is more important. Have to pass you now. Bye.

Ice cream and book reading social? Now there is an old world idea. I didn't know people still did ice cream socials anymore. Neat.

Golf clubs in the back knocking against each other. Makes me think about the golf outing I promised a friend. I never emailed him before he travelled. Now he's in town and we have no plans. I suck sometimes.

That makes me think about SanFranLaura calling last night. Great to hear from you Laura. I hope you can stop by before leaving. If not, I am coming out there soon. :)

The big old mansions on top of the mountain are almost all broken up into several apartments now. This area was once very hoidy-toidy. Makes me sad to see those grand old buildings turned into something far less than they once were. Blah!

How strange that this small town has two houses right on the road abandoned. At least they seem like it. They are falling down. Kinda sad I think. When we were kids we looked for houses like that to explore. I have the itch to sneak into those two every time I pass them. Would be fun.

I don't mind this new stop on the road. Gives me time to put the windows all the way down and listen to the rushing water in the stream. Thank God for small favors, eh?

It's so nice to drive alone. I open every window and let the wind whip through the vehicle. No one to complain about it when i'm alone. So nice.

I'm glad my face isn't on one of those billboards. Has anyone ever seen a picture plastered on one of those that doesn't look odd somehow? I never have.

I wonder who gets to design those cool little highway signs that show us what attraction is coming at the next exit? That would be a fun job inventing cartoon-like pics. for those.

There is a big 3/4 ton truck with those things hanging off the back that look like a guys balls. I wonder what those are for? The truck has a big Harley Davidson banner on the back window. Somehow that is the only truck I've seen with big balls and it seemed right.

I wonder who decided to start planting the wildflowers in the median strips? That is such a good idea. They are beautiful.

I wonder just how many people I have passed on the highways in my lifetime? It has to be a huge number. Seems like they are are way too slow. :)

The guy running for State's Attorney would get my vote. He was my lawyer once and helped me a lot. Of course, if I hadn't been so rowdy back then I would never have known him, right?

There are so many people running for Sheriff. I'd like to be Sheriff. I'd hire someone named Barney and give him just one bullet. That should be a requirement for the job.

Looking at that license plate frame. Darn! It wasn't a Yankee one. I just don't understand anyone not having a Yankee license plate frame.

Doofus in the left lane going under the speed limit. Annoying. Then she finally moves over after noticing me behind her. I got beside her and looked over and she was a toung girl bee-bopping to some song. Chair dancing and tapping the wheel. Made me smile and think of Cindy Lou. I couldn't be annoyed anymore. :)

Excitement in my soul! The Starbuck's is in sight! Sweet!

Ohhh, a girl in shorts and a sports bra is sitting outside. She's pretty. I wonder how come sports bras are OK to wear in public but women don't wear just their regular bras out in the open? Aren't they the same thing? You know, in Stockholm when it's hot out everyone goes shirtless. Even the women go bare chested. That was a nice surprise.

Time to get to work. Good thing I don't have much to do. Just punch a button and wait.

There is a sampling of how my brain goes everywhere when left to it's own. Someday I'll look back and read thios and wonder. Maybe.

No comments: