Saturday, July 01, 2006

Trying To Get Caught Up

Fimally I am able to get back to the blog world. I have been so busy this week. At home and at work. I am not complaining. I like to be busy. But it does get tiring. (Unless you are Meritt who always seems to be busy.)

So the highlights. We had tons of rain here. I'm sure everyone knows that. I don't remember a stertch like this past week. Not even during a hurricane that may have strayed our way. This week was rediculous. Naturally we got some water in the basement. Again. Usually we don't have to worry about that kind of thing. But this time it happened. The reason this time is that this old house has those types of spoutings that go right down into the ground and channel the water out away from the foundation. Those things are made of terracotta and they don't last. None of ours is unbroken. So the one in front of the house let water pile up and seep in under the porch which is above one of the only walls we can't drylock. The result is a nice patch of ruined carpet in the basement landing.

I got outside while it was raining and cut off that spouting and screwed on some parts to direct the water away from the house. That was kinda fun. Like a kid allowed outside to play in the rain. (I just hope my rechargable drill survived.) This weekend I will be replacing all those broken in ground spoutings with some kind of new arrangement. Too bad too because I like those underground things.

Work has been crazy. The schedule is packed and besides what I was hired to do I have been helping a lot in the production area. They are so short handed. That part is fun. We have had a few mechanical hiccups too. Of course when I say a mechanical hiccup with certain equipment I am talking a product worth a lot of money is at risk. But so far we have managed to keep things going. Next week will be fun too. They have no backup for my old department and the only operator is on vacation. So guess who gets to go and run his old department for a week? Oh yeah!

The biggest excitement this week by far was the arrival of Grace and Steve's little Mia. Take a look and see how sweet they are. I am so happy for them. I have been negligent in my gushing this week. Not intentionally. But even if it's old news to some of us it's still exciting. :)

This weekend will be fun too. I actually have no real plans so I will be winging it. I hope to escape for a little while and play on my own but mostly I intend to just chill and enjoy.

That's about it for now. I do have a lot on my mind lately and I intend to let it all out on blogger as much as possible. I like reading back and remembering what I was feeling when I wrote certain posts. I believe this should be a good weekend. The Yanks whipped the Mets last night. That is sure proof that the weekend has started off in the right direction. ;)

1 comment:

Me said...

I saw Mia's photo... omgosh! Her cheeks are little chipmunk cheeks! (Or as NatureGirl used to say; Chickmunk!) Too adorable.