Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Kissing Jessica Stein

No, that title isn't about some new love in my life. It is a movie I watched recently and I feel like talking about it here. (Check it out here.)

I actually bought it on a whim from my DVD club. After reading the synopsis I was interested so I ordered it. I wasn't disappointed.

The basic story is about a funny, neurotic woman who is fed up with her lovelife. Her lack of one anyway. On a whim, after some hilarious dating scenes, she answers an ad in the woman seeking woman column. She goes to meet the woman who happens to be heterosexual and is also looking for something different. She pretty much chickens out at first. But they click and things progress. I won't give it away but trust me, the movie is pretty darn entertaining.

For those of you who are freaked out about sexy stuff on TV, don't worry. There is some kissing stuff but it's a PG type film. I highly recommend seeing this one. The ending is a surprise of sorts too. I am happy I got to see it.

It made me wonder just how many people in the modern world have considered doing something like Jess & Helen did. How many people are fed up with useless dating rituals and the stereotypical "man & woman only" rules. It's an interesting concept that I bet happens a lot. With all the internet predators out there who hide their true personalities and the players who just get what they want and disappear I think people get tired of trying to find the right person. Burned out after all the losers they meet. I believe the movie has some basis in fact.

Check it out. On a scale of 1 - 10 I give it a 7.5.

2 comments:

Me said...

I probably won't be renting this one but I wanted to say "hey" anyway. You would think from my lack of comments that I haven't been here lately but I swear I have!!! Usually though I'm trying to read everyones blogs as quick as I can, and if I have nothing really to say, it seems silly to post "hi" and run. LOL.

As for the woman/woman thing. I think it's hard for guys and 'some' women to understand that for a typical average hetro woman there is absolutely NO interest in the same sex whatsoever. None. Zero. Zilch. I was just thinking of this yesterday... how I look at boobs different than my husband (and guys in general). And how I have zero interest in ANY womans boobs... much less my own. LOL. No interest whatsoever in ever kissing someone of the same sex... it's actually repulsing to think about. Truly.

Now a guy? Oh yeah. Another woman... ewww. Just the thought literally makes my stomach flip. It's like kissing a pig. I'd just never want to do it. LOL.

Osbasso said...

Haven't seen the DVD, but the soundtrack is superb!