Sunday, August 06, 2006

It's Been A Happy, Gay Weekend

Yep, this weekend has been quite fun. Happy and gay as they used to say back in the old days. Of course it's also been gay since I spent Friday and Saturday with my lesbian friends. They are the ones who hooked me up with the Yankee tickets for Friday and I went to a birthday party one was having for the other on Saturday. All in all, a pretty good time.

The game on Friday was great. In case you missed it it featured the Yanks taking an early 3 run lead. They looked like they were going to win by a huge score. They had men on in every inning but couldn't get them to score. Then the O's came back and even went ahead by a run. But the Yanks tied it up again and ultimately won it on a Posada homerun.

I was talking on the phone with one friend and she was telling me about the weird people near her when the Yanks tied it up. They were O's fans and they were really hassling them. Then the Posada homerun and she said the loud mouths wouldn't even acknowlege them after that. Figures.

The birthday party was fun. It was in our old neighborhood. It was a family thing and we had a good time. We got to go and see our old home and we were shocked! We were warned that we would be. Some of you may remember Nicci's garden from back then but now it looks like an abandoned lot. It is a weed field. The place really does look abandoned. Whoever is living there has just ignored the yard. Not just the plants but the trees and the grass. The grass was a foot high with weeds throughout. It was sad to see.

Today was kinda chill (as Yoj would say). I had Starbuck's twice. That was cool. I built a gazebo. I taped the Yankee game and I'm about to watch it. Pretty chill.

Has anyone else heard of Caribou Coffee? At the party everyone was raving about it. They claim that once I try it I will give up Starbuck's. Uh huh. Tall order there. But if I can find it I will try it.

So I hope everyone else had a good weekend. Thats how mine has been. I'm not looking forward to going to work tomorrow but I didn't win the Lottery yet so, whadda ya do, eh? Yeah, grin and bear it.

2 comments:

Me said...

I live in the land of Caribou Coffee!!!!

It's a Minnesota thing for sure, but we just got some here in Des Moines too. I had one about 2 blocks away from me when I lived in Minneapolis.

I'll get a Caribou next week when I'm in Minneapolis at the Mall of America, and think of you. K? :)

Yankeebob said...

Meritt, if you are recommending it I will definitely try it. Thanks for thinking of me during coffee. That's a big compliment. :)