Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Well, It's Funny To Me

At band practice this week I was asked if I'd consider singing one of the songs. I started laughing. They didn't know what they were asking.

I explained that not only had I not played music (with a group) for longer than a decade, I hadn't sung in a longer time than that. Then I tried to let them know that even when I was singing regularly I wasn't very good. I have a very limited range. But they really needed me to try. Kinda sound desperate? Yep, they were.

So I gave it a go. I worked on the Eagles "Take It Easy". We did it several times. When they turned up the monitors after the second go-round and I could hear myself better I was laughing so hard that I had to stop. My weak-ass voice was all over the place. It sucked!

But they kept egging me on to try. So we went through it a few times and it did get better every time. But it still sucked.

I keep telling them I won't be ready to sing by the time of the first gig. But they want me to keep trying. So I will.

If you heard it you would be either rolling on the floor or totally disgusted. For me, it's pretty damn funny.

No comments: