Monday, August 21, 2006

Talking With Liberal Idiots

I had this conversation over the weekend with someone in our neighborhood who I once considered a casual friend. He likes to stop by and talk about the garden and stuff sometimes. I think he may not think of me as a friend anymore:

Friend: I think more people need to help that homeless shelter in town. They need more volunteers to keep it going.

YB: Personally, I hope it folds. That thing shouldn't be in this little town anyway.

Friend: How can you say that? Don't you care what happens to those people?

YB: Nope. Most of them ended up in that situation because they chose their direction badly. Now they want us to support them. I refuse to assist their stupidity.

Friend: They are homeless and need help. How can you not feel bad for them?

YB: I can't feel bad for someone who gets themselves into situations where they are destroying their lives. Most of them are drug and alcohol users and have not learned their lessons. I sit and watch them from my Uncle's store. They sit in their cars and drink all day long. They have the kids sitting there handing them beers. Then they go inside for their free meals. They disgust me.

Friend: That's why we need to help them. They are helpless.

YB: Nope, they are losers. They need to be out working and earning their way. I do feel bad that those kids are in that situation. The kids are the ones who always suffer.

Friend: I can't believe you said that. You act as if you are better than they are. No one is better than anyone else. No one.

YB: Wrong again. That BS line is what creates people like those in that shelter. Some people are better than others.

Friend: WTF are you talking about? If more people would realize that we are all equals then we wouldn't have these things happening to some of us.

YB: Some of them. Get it right. Don't associate me with them.

Friend: (Getting very agitated with me now) How long have you been an ass like that? How can you be so coldhearted? Just who do you believe you are better than anyway? You are not better than anyone else.

YB: I've been an ass most of my life, thanks. But the truth is simply this; I am better than people who don't want to work. I am better than people who won't take responsibility for their kids and provide a decent life for them. I am better than the rapists, murderers, child molestors and crack heads of the world. I am also better than the liberal idiots of the world who push their stupidity in the form of dogmatic crap like "we are all equals" and can't see that they are wrong. That they are making sure that the losers of the world will still be losers because they want to coddle them instead of giving them the tools to learn responsibility for themselves. The liberal idiots with the blinders on who can't see the consequences of their bullshit actions are the worst of the bunch. They only look at the world through their rose colored glasses and think how great they are for 'helping people see the error of their ways'. That's who I am better than.

Friend: (Turning red now) Are you saying you are better than me?

YB: If that describes you then yes, I am better than you. (Smiling broadly)

Friend: WTF is wrong with you? You are sick.

YB: Well, if I am sick in your eyes then I think I'm doing just fine.

Friend (stomping away, probably forever) *mumble.. asshole...mumble....

YB: (talking with Nicci) Gee, that was kinda fun. Who else do you know that is that much fun to piss off?

Nicci: (laughing) Oh boy........

2 comments:

Me said...

You rock! LOL.

That would be a conversation between me and my best bud (The Liberal) except we would both stop before it got ugly. LOL.


So... do you think he'll come to your Christmas Open House? ;)

Yankeebob said...

Nah Meritt. I believe I can skip wasting that invitation. :)