Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Stuff That Bugs Me Lately

These are some things that have been bugging me lately. But lately I am easily bugged so....???...

When a person names their daughter Monique, don't you think that the kid has an obligation to be attractive when they are adult? Not look like a neanderthal woman? I thought so. The new person here named Monique just doesn't live up to the name. Of course she spells it 'Monyque' so maybe that is the reason? Maybe.

People who talk when they read. There is a new person here who was sitting in the Production area reading the necessary training documents out loud. She was just going at it like no one was around. Like she was reading bedtime stories to kids. I found it curious.

Did you ever have someone you were talking to suddenly make up an excuse to end the conversation and hurry away from you? It has happened to me several times recently by the same person. We will be having a conversation about something, doesn't matter if it's work or not, and suddenly she will find an excuse to run away. It doesn't give me a complex or anything because I've seen her do it to a lot of people. Next time I'm just going to say, "Hey, stop lying and just say you are bored and need to move on". I'd prefer if she said that anyway.

Along those lines, the same person is one of those who call you friend to your face but they act totally different. That really bugs me. She is my friend when she needs some help with a project or when it's time to present something to one of the big cheeses. But later when I see her in the halls she acts totally indifferent. As long as I'm helping her, she is my friend. I even think she believes I don't notice. Dumb-ass.

School has resumed. The traffic around here has gotten so rediculous. It is almost impossible to get anywhere. I hate school traffic. And all the school workers and teachers for getting in my way every morning. I hate school. Funny isn't it? I didn't like school when I was going and now I have another reason to not like school.

I think we have the best crop of lazy 'engineers' in the world. So-called engineers that is. There just doesn't seem to be enough time in a day for several of these guys to stare at their computer screens. Doesn't matter that the company equipment is going to shit. Doesn't matter how many calls and/or work orders they get. Those computers with all those movies and jokes take precedence. They will all hate me soon I'm sure. I don't call anymore. I go to their desks and drag them out into the world to make sure they do something every day. I'm sure they will hate me for it but y'know, I am having fun. Lazy asses.


I know a guy who always referrs to his Father as a "Hard working sumbitch". He always says that about him. It doesn't matter that the Father's whole family hates him. He is mean, self-centered and a total ass to everyone. When I mention these thing to him he will always say, "Yeah, but he's a hard working sumbitch!" I sure hope they put that on his gravestone. There really isn't anything else to say nice about the guy.

2 comments:

Me said...

That's too many topics to comment on because by the time I got to the bottom I forgot what the first 4 were about! :)

Yankeebob said...

But Meritt, you are an amazing multi-tasker. I thought this would be easy for you. :)

Friends like that really aren't friends, eh Kat?

Believe me, I kept the MLB score page open while the game was on. Wish I had been home to watch. The second game is just about to start. Woo hoo!