Sunday, April 03, 2005

Gimme The News

I saw a strange thing this morning during one of my many errands. I pulled up behind some guy at a stop light and noticed he was reading a newspaper while the light was red. Once it turned green, he quickly threw it to the passenger seat and cruised to the next corner where the light was still red. After stopping, he picked up the paper and started reading again.

The first time I saw him reading I didn't think too much of it. The second time I started thinking something was strange. But after following him and seeing this happen through 4 stops, I knew something was strange and that something was this doofus and his weird reading habits.

I turned off the street after stop #4, but I was convinced that when he got to the next corner, the old paper would be spread across his steering wheel again. I wonder if he does some reading at stop signs too? You know, knock off a few lines before the traffic behind gets too antsy.

What a weird way to get the daily news. He couldn't wait until he was somewhere safer to read the paper? Talk about being obsessed with keeping up with current events. Geez!

No comments: