Friday, April 22, 2005

More Stuff I Just Don't Get

Another addition to the ever growing list.....

- Guys wearing sweat pants to dinner

Last night we took one of my Aunts out for her birthday. We went to a nice restaurant (her choice) and it was a pretty normal evening. Then a group of 6 were seated nearby and I couldn't help but notice that one guy was wearing maroon sweatpants. Of course this got me looking around and I noticed that his group were all well dressed and looked nice. The women wore dresses and heels, the men wore dress pants and polos. He looked like a slob. Later, when he stood up to leave I also noticed that his t-shirt didn't reach down over his belly and part of his gut was hanging out from underneath. Now, I like that look when women do it with little t-shirts that don't cover the whole boob, but a big fat gut peeking out from an old t-shirt over dirty sweats? No thanks. As he walked by he slapped this old ratty looking baseball-type hat on his head and quickly turned it backwards. I'm not sure I understand wearing sweat pants out to dinner at any time in life but this guy easily takes the prize for ‘Worst Dressed Diner”. Can you say “black sheep”?

- Cell Phone Fakers

I heard a story this morning about people who fake cell phone calls just to impress people. Apparently this is a big enough occurrence that they are doing some kind of study of the phenomena. I just think it's pretty stupid. Why fake a cell phone call? They are annoying enough in many instances. Are these people that desperate for attention or acceptance? I'll tell you where their cell phones should be shoved.....

- Fear This

I keep seeing pick up trucks with the logo "Fear This" in large enough letters that it covers the whole back window. Why? What am I to fear from a doofus in a truck that has to advertise such a thing? Go back to the hills of West Virginia pal. I'd be afraid if I met you there, I think.

- Fish Tremble At My Name

Along the lines of the last item, I've seen a lot of stickers and bumper stickers that say "Fish tremble at the sound of my name". Must be fishing season or something because I’ve seen a lot of them lately. Can you advertise that you are a big dork any louder than that? I don't think so.

- Bennifer II

I sure don't like hearing that term when it comes to Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck. The first edition of 'Bennifer' was a circus (to say the very least) and I think these two are keeping things low profile and decent. The media just likes to stir things up I guess. I saw a story where the paparazzi were hounding them so much that they even hired helicopters to hover above an outdoor party they hosted just to spy on them. What does it take to be a paparazzi or a writer for a tabloid anyway? Getting rid of your soul and all decency, I think. They should just be left alone.

No comments: