Monday, April 18, 2005

Questions From Yoj

This has been a hard day. I've had almost no blog time. Stupid work! I just got this from Yoj. I guess I've been tagged.

OK...so here is how this works. Yoj got interviewed by a fellow blogger, and now I'm being interviewed by Yoj. The interviewer gives you 5 questions that you post on your blog and answer. Then you extend the invitation to other blogging buddies to be interviewed. So, if you would like to be interviewed by me let me know in the comments and leave your email and I will send YOU 5 questions to post on YOUR blog and answer... whaddya say?



#1. What was the most memorable expierence to date in your life? I'm talking about the one, that while it was happening, hit you and you thought, "Man, I'm never going to forget this."

I'm not mentioning any sexual escapades here. I could probably make you blush with the thoughts in my mind right now. But I won't.

I'll instead tell you that when I walked into Yankee Stadium the first time (it was 1997) and got to the end of that tunnel and saw the field, it was like I was stunned with an electric zapper. It was the most breathtaking sight I'd ever seen. A dream come true for a lifelong Yankee. I closed my eyes and I saw the Babe calling his shot, I heard Lou letting the world know how lucky he felt, I watched Joe gracefully glide and catch the fly he shouldn't have been able to catch up to, I saw Roger hit #61, I felt the raw emotion of Billy kicking dirt onto the Umpires shoes, I rolled in the dirt celebrating when the last out was caught by Charlie Hayes. I really had all those things go through me just as I stepped out and saw that Baseball field. There is nothing like it anywhere. Only a Yankee could understand.



#2. How did you come about to eat Speghetti O's? Do you eat them with the meatballs?

I started my SpaghettiOs addiction right after I got my first job. I didn't have to eat the disgusting 'healthy' crap my Mom would make anymore because I bought my own stuff. I knew I loved SpaghettiOs before hand, but I think the freedom added to the experience. I went to the Cannery Store and bought cases of them. All my life since that first teen job I've had Os of all kinds. With hot dogs, with meatballs, plain, made into some crazy self invented recipe, it doesn't matter. They are all great to me. My favorite way is to simply pop the top and eat them right out of the can. Yum!


#3. What is your greatest accomplishment in your life so far and why?

I guess I have to consider the best accomplishment is quitting being a drunk. It was a lifestyle and I loved it. I thought I was living the 'Rock Star' life and I didn't have any reason to stop. It was hard to quit because I really didn't want to. It was necessary. I really liked the action and everything that went with partying as often and as hard as I could. I would have been a complete burnout by now if I hadn't quit when I did. I got tired of the cops kicking me around. I wonder if they miss me?

No comments: