Wednesday, April 20, 2005

I'm Back

I haven't been able to blog at all today. I took the day off and went with some of the guys from work to play golf. I love to play, but it is a bit frustrating at times. It's not an easy thing to learn.

Sometimes I wonder why. It was much easier for me to learn to hit a baseball than to hit a golf ball. The baseball is moving too. It moves fast with motion in several different possible directions and I could hit pretty well. That damn golf ball just sits there and it is very hard to hit and make it go where you want it to go.

Worst is when it is sitting on a tee. The ball is elevated to whatever 'perfect' height you want it to be. It has no possible interferences with the club face, like grass or dirt. It still isn't easy to hit it properly.

You would think that somewhere over the years someone would have invented a fool proof method or fool proof equipment that would make it easy to hit the ball correctly. But no, it's still hard. And we fools still try to perfect some kind of method somehow. Ah, the joys of good weather activities. Whoever invented the game sure had a good sense of humor, that's for sure.

Well, time to do some catching up.

No comments: