Saturday, November 18, 2006

Buffy Night

I've had a weird few nights lately. It seems like my life is so normal sometimes but then when I look around with open eyes I know thats not quite the case. Last night it sorta started bugging me. My plans to hang with the band were changed for me and I wasn't real happy all day. At some point I got the Michelle Branch song "Goodbye To You" stuck in my head and I could get it out. So I played the CD a few times and that helped a bit. (I had forgotten how much I love that song.)

Then I started thinking about the first time I heard her sing it. It was on an episode of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer". She did an acoustic version of it. Only at the end of the song did the whole band join in. It was great. So naturally what did I do? I broke out the Buffy DVDs and watched that episode, "Tabula Rasa". The ending of that one really gets to me. It's so sad.

Then I started think about what had led the Scoobies into the situation in that show and I had to watch the "Once More With Feeling" episode. That is probably my all time favorite one anyway. It's the musical one, a la "Brigadoon". I don't think there has ever been a more original episode of any TV show ever done than "Once More With Feeling".

Of course that started my mind again and I started thinking that it was so sad that Tara was killed at the end of that season. That's when Willow went all crazy witch and started killing the bad guys. (She was so hot in all that goth black!) I had to see that again.

So I ended up watching the last 3 shows of the season, "Villians", "Two To Go" and "Grave".

My evening went well into the morning hours. All of it with Buffy and the Scoobies. I sometimes forget how much I loved that show. I don't get attached to shows at all. These days I can't find any that I can watch regularly. Not like that one. It was kinda fun in an odd, melancholy way. All started because my weird mood brought to mind a song that I hadn't thought about in a while.

And guess what? This morning I still have that song in my head anyway. Go figure.

1 comment:

Me said...

So - all that for nothing. It was still stuck in your head. ;)