Monday, November 13, 2006

Weekend Stuff

What a weird weekend we had. Saturday was so amazing outside. It was 78 and sunny.... in November! I couldn't stay inside. I actually went out and mowed the lawn and enjoyed the day. Even though that wasn't one of my weekend plans. I couldn't resist. At least now I can say it was the final mow-job and I can winterize the mower and store it away.

While I was outside a friend stopped by. He was on his motorcycle, out enjoying the day. We talked for about an hour. Work stuff is very interesting between he and I. When I left that short lived job last year (the one I hated and only stayed for 3 weeks) he was here doing the job I'm doing now. But he went to the place I abandoned and recommended me for his vacated position. Thats where I am now. Confused enough yet?

Anyway, we compared notes and then he said he had some more interesting news. His wife of 14 years is leaving. She came home about 3 weeks ago and told him "She doesn't know who she is. She needs to find herself." (That sounds so 70's!) So his life is changing. It took him totally by surprise too. He had no warning. Weird.

Our new furniture was delivered on Saturday.... almost. We ordered this stuff 11 weeks ago and when it finally came the large dresser was damaged and the bed rails were wrong. So they are replacing the dresser and had to take the bed back with them. Supposedly we will be getting the new bed next weekend. The dresser may be another 10-11 weeks.

Shouldn't furniture be something that is easy to get? It seems like we have never, ever had a delivery that wasn't damaged. When I move my whole house I don't have damage. That is without all that wrapping and packaging they have on the new stuff too. But alas, it is the American way now. Do things 2-3 times before it is finally right.

Sunday was fun. I actually decided that my basement room needed a good cleaning. (I'm so domestic... every 6 months.) What was fun was that the vacuum got part of the carpet wrapped around the brush thingy and burned the belt up. Boy did that stink! It didn't do the carpet much good either. But I got to take the vacuum apart and replace all the stuff that burned up. That was neat. I've never taken one apart. But now I'm an expert.

So as you can tell, my weekend was basically Blah! But I think I needed a weekend off. I've been running around way too much lately. The rest was good. The old batteries needed a recharge.

Today should be a non-event filled day. I'm hoping so. Tomorrow I'm headed south to pick up Peachy and she and I are hanging for the day. Meeting up with old work friends (Spacebrain included) and then seeing what mischief we can get into. I am soooo looking forward to seeing her. It's been too long of a break. We'll post pics I'm sure. Stay tuned later in the week.

No comments: