Tuesday, November 21, 2006

My Bruised Buttbone

This morning I bruised my buttbone. Yep, and as embarrassing as that sounds the way I did it was even more embarrassing.

I was sort of leaning on the edge of the bed and I put one sock on. (The new bed is pretty high.) Then I leaned against it to put the other sock on. I felt my foot with the sock start to slip a little but I remember thinking that I had plenty of time to finish and stand up before I fell. Wrong.

My foot with the sock on slipped right out from under me and down I went. Last week it wouldn't have been as bad but the new bed has wooden side rails so my buttbone hit that on the way down. Then it hit the floor. It kinda hurt. ;)

I sat there thinking that what just happened should only happen to kids. They are the ones who usually don't know any better. Kids don't acknowledge the warning signs and have to learn the hard way. But noooo, I let it happen even when I had ample time to avoid the fall.

After I realized my kid-like mistake I just sat there and laughed for a while. Nicci came around the corner, looked at me on the floor, shook her head and walked away. Then I tried to stand up. Ouch! The buttbone is bruised and will remind me for days about my dopeyness. (Is that a word?)

But it still makes me laugh.

No comments: