Wednesday, November 22, 2006

So... Why Did I Come In Today?

I can't figure out why I came in to work today. There is nothing happening and a lot of people are outta here. But I do like the lack of population. It's very cool!

I guess I'm here so I don't waste one of my vacation days. That's a good reason. OK, I'll buy it. But I think it will be a boring day.

Plus there is the "lack of motivation on the day before a holiday" issue. It's hard to focus before a long weekend full of the promise of fun and..... well, not going to work. :)

I had an epiphany last night. This may come as a shock to some of you but I don't think I understand relationships like a lot of people do. (Sarcasm?) Specifically the end of them. Perhaps I understand a lot less than most. Yes, this isn't really a surprise. I plan on hashing it out on blogger soon. I just need to get my thoughts together first. But I think either I am way too different about things (as in easy come easy go) or maybe the people I know are way too anal and kinda sad in the way they handle things. Perhaps I don't know anything. We'll see, with a little help from my blog friends.

Anyway, time to find something to get into. See Ya!

3 comments:

Me said...

Hey! I'm at work too!!! I had planned on taking it off - no reason to come in I figured. Except then 2 of my kids were at their friends houses today anyway.... and I'm not on salary so if I don't come in I don't get paid. LOL.

I came in. :)


I went to a daughters doctor appointment first so I didn't get here till 10:30. I need to put in a few hours of pay just to make it worth my time.

Surprisingly it's NOT 'dead' like I thought it would be. I've actually been pretty busy. (I brought my laptop with me which is how I'm surfing blogs....).

Calvin said...

i like going in on a day before holidays.. as you said, no point wasting a vacation day.. i do end up doing only half the work planned for the day, which is better than getting nothing done!

have a great Thanksgiving!

JR's Thumbprints said...

For the very reasons you mention, I love working the holidays. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!