Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Call Me The Tease

I have decided that I feel a little sad for guys who buy the small, half sized pick-up trucks. Mostly because I imagine that they really want to have a true, full sized, manly truck but can't afford it (or other circumstances won't allow for it). I bet they are all happy and stuff driving down the road until someone passes them in a big old 3/4 ton, full sized 4-wheel drive truck. Then they probably feel a little emasculated. I think I feel a little sad for them.

:) :) :)

The weekend was pretty OK. I didn’t do too much stuff so it had to be cool, right? I did the minimum work and maximum play so I was feeling good about it all. It was a nice change from the past few weekends.

Spacebrain stopped by on Saturday. It was a nice surprise. I hadn’t seen my old friend for quite some time. He’s still the same (which is a good thing). He told me I was fatter. Funny that I am 10 lbs. lighter since I left where he works but I don’t look it to him. I think it was the beers. ;)

Conversations with Spacebrain are somewhat different. I highly recommend it to almost anyone at least once. You never know what the subject will be next. It went from the BioTech/Pharma industry (which we both work in) to good wines to politics to hot women to old friends to gardening to bio-fuels. More things I am sure I forgot too. The bio-fuel thing is an interesting point. Spacebrain is going to make his own. Bought the still (or whatever its called) and everything. Making it from leftover garbage gathered from local restaurants. That’s the way things go with my old friend. You just never know. Lol

I finally saw Napoleon Dynamite over the weekend. Yes, I am behind the times. But a friend loaned the DVD to us and we finally watched it. I started out thinking that it was going to really suck. But as the movie progressed I liked it more and more. At the end I found that I really liked it a lot. That guy who played Napoleon was hilarious. His dancing sure did improve by the end too. Basically I thought it was worth all the hype but it is one movie that has to be watched to the end. I’ll bet a lot of people started out like me thinking it was weird or stupid and gave up on it. Big mistake. My advice is to keep going when watching. It will bring you around.

It gave me a new favorite quote (for a little while at least). When the boy threatens to whip Napoleon’s butt he says, “Yeah right. Who's the only one here who knows the illegal ninja moves from the government?” He is so full of it the whole way through the movie. It’s a crack up.

Talk about memorable quotes… I finally got Nicci to sit and watch Dodgeball. I have seen it 5 times now and it still makes me laugh. There are many, many memorable quotes from that one. “Boy, you’re about as useless as a cock flavored lollipop.” LOL

So my weekend update thing was a day late. I did try to post on Monday but the Internet at work was being a bitch. Last night I just didn’t feel like being bothered with computers. Yesterday flew by me anyway. The day was started and suddenly it ended. But this update…. well, I can see why everyone would be in such anticipation of it. Sorry to have kept you all up all night waiting for it. But that’s just how I am.

Call me the tease. ;)

1 comment:

Rene said...

You like Napoleon Dynamite? Seriously? It is one of the most stupid movies ever, which is why it did so well with the younger group. I watched it one time...the whole way through, and just sat there with this, "what the hell?" look on my face! Didn't do anything for me! I do love Dodgeball!!!