Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Call Me George

So I managed to totally ignore the internet the whole weekend. I'm not sure how nor why but I did it. It never occurred to me to even log on. Now I'm sorry, as always. I had some great stuff in mind to post about but I never did it. I suck at blogging anymore.

Saturday night I went to my friends Mike & Tammie's house for a huge party. They always have a big one for Labor Day. There were probably 50ish people hanging around there. She invited almost everyone from work and all her friends. It was great. I got there about 5:00 and she hugged me and smiled a devilish smile telling me she had a big ol' buzz already. lol

It was a different kind of party too. There were jello shooters, lots of home made wine and all the regular booze you'd expect. I was introduced to Jack Daniel's Single Barrel. I don't like whiskey at all but that was a good one.

What was different was that there were the usual party people and then there were the family types too. Inside there were people with little kids, 2 babies even, and outside were the drinkers. Naturally the drinkers stayed way past the time the families left. Plus, the food was amazing! Everything you can think of was available. It was a good night.

I had to work for a while yesterday but it was only a short time. Otherwise it was a quiet weekend. Nice. I should mention that Nicci painted the spare bedroom again and almost all the doors and trim in the house. She just can't seem to get the idea that relaxing isn't working. I worry for her. I went outside all day Saturday and scraped and painted the vent things on the roof peaks. That was fun. I got to climb up ladders, really high up, all day long. Then I did the little window in front of the house. It took about 9 hours to do it all but it was fun. Because I got to climb a ladder and play acrobat painter guy.

Thats the secret to get me to do projects, make it unusual and daring. :)

But I also forgot that my bean gets sunburned easily. I realized it once I jumped in the shower and the water hit my head. Yeowtch!

I had Starbuck's this morning that rocked! Plus I had a Starbuck's Donut too. But I hate to get my hands all sticky so I used a plate, knife and fork to eat it. Call me George Costanza I guess. (Remenber when he started all the eating of candy bars and donuts with silverware on Seinfeld?) I guess he is a bad influence on me.

So between me missing Lisa, Jersey Girl, Lindsey being back in town for a while, the Baseball season entering crunch time (in which the Yankees are really pissing me off!) and (some) home improvement projects, I have had little interest in the blog. Guess I may be entering another down time. Probably the Winter will cure that.

I did notice this morning that Cindy Lou posted a pic on her VOX. It's a great one too. CL is even prettier than I had imagined, and I have a great imagination. I think it's the first real clear pic she has ever posted of herself. Am I right CL? It's a good one.

Time to go people. They do pay me to do stuff while I'm at work. ;)

No comments: