Friday, September 14, 2007

Heavy Sigh Of Relief

The govt. inspection is over. Yay! Plus we came through it very, very well. Just a few minor things to adjust and we are off to the races. Extra yay! And yours truely got two personal compliments, one very nice one in writing, from the inspectors. They mentioned that they "feel very confident in our proceeding ahead with my experience and expertise being part of the process." Wow!

Ok, I'm not going to get too big a head from it but for a few hours I am going to enjoy it all.

Besides, today something will happen to break the feeling into millions of pieces anyway. Thats the nature of the workplace. lol

Going through the process is a funny thing. You know you are stressing but you really don't know just how much until it is over. After the close out meeting last night I felt like a huge weight had been lifted from my chest. I hadn't even noticed it being there. But this morning I feel totally different than yesterday. I feel unstressed. I'm betting the rest of the team is feeling that way too.

So today is catch up day. Getting all the things done that got behind while we were being picked apart all week. Right now I'm being called to the first emergency of the day. So, without further ado...............

I shall return. :)

2 comments:

Me said...

Show your boss that letter the next time you're jonesing for a raise. :)


I also remember what it was like to realize, after the fact, that you were under stress. Everyone else could see how stressed I was at my last job but I didn't realize just how much until I hit the 'send' button on my resignation. :)

Rene said...

You had them all the way!!!!!

Was one of those compliments telling you that you're getting a raise??

Love ya!