Friday, September 28, 2007

A Study In Mediocrity

I got this via email from a friend recently. It cracks me up.



Oh How The Time Passes






It is funny how time seems to just fly by anymore. Here we are facing down October already. Winter is almost here and the Summer was just a blur. Somehow it all seems just wrong. I am quite sure this lifestyle isn't what God had planned for us. But here we are again.

The week has not been great. I am job hunting again. I go through times like this. But the new big cheese, the monster I have talked about a lot on this blog, has pushed me close to the edge again. I really like this job and what I do but if he is staying here I am not. So I am exploring my options. Who knows? maybe I'll find something cooler.

I am so glad it's Friday. It took a long time getting here.

Lisa and I finally made up yesterday. I haven't posted about that but she was not speaking to me for about 5 weeks. I left her alone since I know how she doesn't talk about things until she is good and ready to talk. Pushing her just makes her more stubborn. But yesterday I was tired of it so I pushed the issue. Turns out it was nothing. She was worried that she was bugging me and didn't want me to be bugged by her. She didn't want me to be upset with her so she stayed away fror a while. I never am and I made sure she got that message. So thats all better now. I am glad. It's funny how lonely life is when your best friend is distant. Usually we communicate better but not this time. The whole thing has given me a huge sigh of relief (inside, where it counts).

I have realized that the "American Dream", the safe, relaxed, comfortable lifestyle that everyone works for is nothing special. It's a study in mediocrity at best. I wonder sometimes how anyone can stand being so boring. I am boring and my world is boring and I find that every other day I almost can't stand it. Most times I feel like there has to be some better way to exist but I sure don't know what it is. It's sad to think about but it's the truth.

So this morning I will go about my business. Pretend I am interested in what people tell me and pretend to be into the system and all that crap. I'll act as if what we do makes a difference in the world. Then privately I'll sit back and laugh at the dorks of the world that take themselves so seriously. Then I'll go home and find something to do to waste the evening and start the next day over again. I just don't know how to do anything else at this point but thats where I am.

Perhaps something today will put me in a better frame of mind and I'll stop by later. Maybe then I can post something interesting and fun and not so bumming. But for right now..............

No comments: