Sunday, May 28, 2006

The Day After

A lot of people would have some seriously gory things to tell about on the day after their birthday. I have some stories to tell too. Just not this year. All I can say is that I had a fun day. That's all I wanted anyway.

Nicci surprised me with some cool things. The biggest surprise was that she kept a secret. She can never keep a surprise to herself. She gets too excited and anxious and never holds gifts until the day they were intended for. But this time she kept her secret and I didn't even know it was coming. She got me a green diamond earring. I remember posting about the green diamonds we saw a while back. I just never expected her to get one.

The green ones are exceptionally rare. My birthstone is actually Emerald and the green diamond isn't as dark as emerald but it is awesome. She was sneaky and had the store find one and had it made into an earring. It is awesome!

So I went out yesterday, wearing my cool new earring, and managed to have a little fun. I went and looked at new Mercedes. They are nice but I found that I still like the BMW better. Plus they are way more expensive! I was surprised. (Not that I planned on buying one any time soon. I just wanted to compare.) We will get rid of that stupid car Nicci bought asap though. Some of you may remember that whole scenario when she got mad and bought it and I've been mad ever since.

Then I went and had Starbuck's. You didn't think I'd go a birthday without Starbuck's did you? Don't be silly.

What's funny to me is that yesterday I managed to satisfy a few cravings all in one day. I didn't plan on doing that. It just happened. There was the test driving of the car, which I had been curious about. There was the Starbuck's, which is always fulfilling. There was the burger from Wendy's that I had been craving for some time. Then late in the evening we had Papa John's pizza and some hot wings. Then later we snuggled up and watched Bedknobs and Broomsticks. (Yes Peachy, finally!)

The last part was the most disappointing though. Somehow I remembered the movie being way better than it was last night. I know it hasn't changed so it had to be my memory. I was mostly bored the whole way through.

Then there was the sex part (but I won't write about that here.)

All in all it was a nice laid back, fun day. Now the cool part is this; I still have 2 more days off after this one! Ha! It's like my weekend hasn't even started yet. Gotta love that.

I hope everyone else is having a great holiday weekend. Remember what this weekend is for too. This is a time to thank all those veterans and past heroes who sacrificed and gave us the freedom we have. We have some problems in this great country but at least we have choices. Lots of other places don't. God Bless America!

No comments: