Monday, May 15, 2006

Mother's Day Roundup

So how was everyone's Mother's Day celebrations? If you were like some people I know you just ignored it. (Yeah, I'm talking about you!) I had a good time despite my Mother being present. Weird as that sounds, it's true.

I had my Mother, my two Aunts and my Uncle over for dinner. We kicked butt on the dinner too! OK, I assisted. Nicci kicked butt, as usual. But it was great. The whole day went well. My Aunt & Uncle did well even though their only son had been admitted to the hospital the day before. I was glad they came despite that news.

My Mother is a strange bird. She is one of those people who sees conspiracy in everything. To her, the Superbowl and the World Series is always fixed. No reason to root for a team. They already know whos going to win it all before the season starts. They also fixed American Idol. She swears that Catherine will win and "boy! if she does she's never watching again!" (I'm sure that means something to the shows Producers.) They always fix the elections and even the government has control of the stock market. Theres no point in doing anything if you ask her. It's all rigged. What a crack-up. :)

We've all just learned to ignore her. Yeaterday she started telling Nicci how sad it was that she had to leave her last job. Nicci asked why it was sad. Then my Mom started talking about this incident where a woman was harassing Nicci because she found out Nicci was South African. She said the woman was black and didn't like where Nicci was from and it got so bad she had to get a new job. Funny thing was neither Nicci nor I remembered anything like that ever happening. I think we would remember it, eh? We told her just that. But she argued for 10 minutes that it happened. She wouldn't give it up even when it became apparent that she was making it up. I think the woman thinks about stuff like that and the longer she thinks about it the more real it becomes. Nothing like that ever happened to Nicci. But to my Mom, it really happened.

Later we just laughed about it. Weird person indeed. I'm sure when I see either of my Aunts alone they will have a chuckle with me. That's what usually happens.

So the day was good. I am still hurting from the 'project' I managed to finish Friday and still live. Peachy thinks it would have been cool if I had left the drylock on my forhead when I banged against the wet wall. Now that I think about it. I should have taken a picture. It was kinda funny. Oh well, I'm quite sure there will be another opportunity. :)

No comments: