Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Gmail Chat

Anyone who has Gmail has probably by now noticed they added a chat thing to the email page. It is really cool plus very convenient. I like that you can see when your friends are online and can just pop in with a chat window to say hi.

What occurred to me this morning (not for the first time btw) is that I have some of the best conversations on Gmail chat. Plus they are automatically archived so I can read them again later. Here are some examples. (Names changed to protect the innocent.)

S: maybe he'll come to &*%&%$ today. I hope he contacts me.
me: Cool! Call him. I want to see him slurp down those wings and get the stuff all over his face. ;)
S: HA!!HA!! I'm not going to call him. He might want to chill out today. I'll check my messages here and there.
me: Ok fine, ruin my fun.
S: sorry. I called him yesterday, so i don't want to be a pain.
me: Yeah he may think you are interested in him if you call too much.
S: right..and we don't want that to happen. hee hee.
me: Nope. Play hard to get, even if you are.
S: Oh please..I think he could really care less.

me: Hey L!
L: hi? lol is this the gmail thing?
me: Yep. isn't it cool!
L: this is so weird. i thought i had a new email from you or something, lol.
i was actually going to respond. im so sore!!
me: You do somewhere. This is just a bonus.
L: hahaha awesome/
i went skiing on saturday!
me: Sounds like fun. I've never gone. I can't get past the idea of being cold.
L: I didn't feel cold at all. With all the clothes you're wearing and all the work you're doing, you stay warm.
L: It was awesome. I've snowboarded, but haven't skied... so much fun. But I fell on my head getting off the ski lift, so I hurt myself.
me: On your head? Ouch! I think I'd be fallin a lot.
If you keep it up maybe you'll be ready for the Olympics in 4 years. :)
L: Yep, I fell on my head. You don't really fall a lot while skiing, but man, it's a real workout. I'm SO sore. LOL.
I wouldn't mind going to the Olympics... as a spectator. LOL.
me: I'd like to go too as a spectator. Besides, I don't think they have a catagory for skiing with your head. ;)
Is snowboarding hard?
L: HAHAHA!

These are just some examples of some of the more tame conversations I have. I used to think that the chats were silly but these days I really enjoy them. It's like having a conversation without all the distractions and fluff. Cool.

So everyone, get a Gmail account so we can have fun chats.

BTW, my Gmail isn't advertised on the blog. Use the one listed to send me your account and I'll return the favor. :)

No comments: