Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Incognito Is Neato

Sorry I've been away so much this week. I've been incognito. Yep, if you've never been to Cognito you should check it out. You can throw the peanut shells on the floor and the waitresses are all fat and jolly. Plus the beers are always free as long as you are having the special. It's a nice diversion.

But seriously, I really have been disguised as a hard working employee lately. That is something I'm not a big fan of. Plus Monday just flew by me. What started out as a friendly tour of a place turned into a 7 hour interview for a new job. See what I mean? Everyone thinks I'm employee material. I've got them all snowed good!

Today I plan on an easier day with lots of attention to detail... ie: catching up with blogging friends. Much better plan in my opinion.

This morning I got to stop at Starbuck's. It has been a while for me. (Since the weekend.) I was having shakes and withdraw. Good thing I was ahead of schedule today. My friend Devon was there too so that made the stop even better.

So this weekend I get to do something I rarely do; I'm going shopping for shoes. I know that sounds funny but it is true. I never shop for clothes or shoes for myself unless I have no choice. I hate going for me. I like going with friends who are shopping. Thats different.
But for me its just annoying.

I have exactly one pair of work shoes that are now wearing out and need replaced. I have on fairly new pair of tennis shoes and I have on pair of dress shoes that only get to come out when I am doing something that requires dressy clothes. Thats it. I wear stuff until it is screaming to be replaced. Then I wait just a bit longer and finally go for something new.

So this weekend will be one of those rare times when I go looking for something for myself. I'm sure I'll get irritated within about 5 minutes of walking into the store but what the heck, it needs to be done.

The worst part of the weekend will be having the old ladies of the family over on Sunday for Mother's Day. It has become a tradition that Nicci started a few years ago to have them over for dinner and presents. Not that I mind my Aunts coming over. I mind my Mother coming over. Sad but true. Luckily it will be for just a few hours and then the rest of the day is free. I'll be needing some stress relief after the mom visits.

That's about it for now. I'll be back.

2 comments:

Me said...

My condolences on having to spend the day with your Mother.

Yankeebob said...

I knew you'd understand Meritt. :)