Tuesday, May 16, 2006

The Preacher Man

Here's something interesting: I recently found out that there is a Preacher living behind me that I know from a long time ago. Not just know but have had an interesting encounter with.

Way back a few years ago (OK, more than a few) when I was a senior in high school I had started hanging out with an older woman. She was 11 years older than me to be exact. Imaging how cool I looked to all the other high school guys. Anyway, as it turns out my new girlfriend wasn't totally single yet. She was only seperated working on a divorce. Personally, I didn't care. But her ex sure did.

He even came by one time and threatened to kill me if I didn't stay away from her. I just laughed at him. To me, he was a dork for even saying that. It also made me want to hang with her more since he told me not too. :)

Anyway, it turns out that this dudes sister was married ti this Preacher. He was trying hard to get them back together. He even showed up a couple of times when I was at her place. Then one night she called me and said he was on his way to visit me. I thought that was weird because I really didn't give a cpar what he wanted nor thought. But he did show up.

He preached to me about how I was breaking up a home and how I was sinning. I just laughed at him too as I pointed out that she came after me well after she left dork boy. (Yes, I used those words.) Then he started the really funny stuff; he started telling me how he didn't fit into the family and that he was trying hard to get those two back together so he could get some brownie points with the parents. When he said that I was just stunned. I asked him why I should care that he married into a goofy-assed family that he couldn't get along with and how was it my problem that "MY BABE" had been smarter than him and gotten out.

Well guess what? That shut him up finally. He just said a few more words and then left. I thought it was funny. He never got them back together either. They tried dating for a few months and counseling but it never worked. Plus, she came running back to me once I graduated and we lived together for a while.

Now that Preacher lives right behind my new place. His yard would connect to mine if we weren't seperated by a small side street. Cool, eh? What a small world. I can't wait to see his reaction if/when he realizes who I am. I may have to ask "How's the family?" ;)

No comments: