Friday, May 12, 2006

I Are A Geen-e-ous

Yep, I are today. See, I took off from work to get a project done at home. I'm scraping and dry-locking the walls and floor of our basement entrance. I took off to do it for several reasons. One is that today is the only day in the near future without rain. Another is that I can do it without interruption since I am all alone.

The biggest reason is that I don't want to waste another weekend day on a shit ass project. That really gets to me. So I'm doing it now to be done with it once and for all.

Of course there are always complications with every 'simple' project. I had planned on just popping out a step or two to get in behind them and do those walls. The steps weren't cooperating. Nothing I did worked. It should have been a simple thing. Use a small wood chisel and clean out the seams of all the old paint. Then nudge the steps out with a hammer. Simple. Nope. Nothing short of cutting them out would make those damn steps move. So I did. I cut one of the suckers out. Guess what? There are 4 big ass nails holding each one in place. Hammered in through the sides. Nice.

Now I can get back and do the dry lock job but I need to go and get a new step and something to cut those nails out. I haven't been able to get the nails out so I guess I'll be cutting them out later.

So my genius plan has it's complications. But I will get this stupid thing done today. Then the weekend is all mine! (With the exception of of the old lady visit on Sunday.) Ok, back to it. Wish me luck. :)

No comments: