Monday, May 01, 2006

Nation Braces For 'Day Without Immigrants'

That's the headline of this story. Personally, I am as sick of all this crap as I can get. These people are protesting for immigrant rights. I haven't seen anything going on about the lack of rights. I have seen plenty of Americans upset about the illegals. There is a big, giant difference. Immigration is fine; illegal immigration isn't.

This quote from the story really pisses me off: "Some insist that a boycott is the next key step - beyond marches - to show the nation just how much economic power undocumented workers hold." First, that BS term "the undocumented workers" is so irritating. They are illegals. Screw that PC term. Second, they are illegals. Who gives a crap about what they buy or what they do? Are you getting the hint here about what I think? Illegal is illegal and they should not be here without going through the proper methods.

I have heard some talk about racism against them. I have heard that they have rights. I have even heard that the government may allow them to stay as guest workers until they can get the proper documentation. That is all crap too. Let's just reward this group of people for breaking the laws of the land. Nice.

It's not an issue of racism, rights or anything else to most Americans. It's an issue of criminal actions being rewarded. I, for one, think they all need to go home. The ones who walk out today are the ones I'd pick up first and drive to the border. "Come back when you want to follow the rules. Thanks for stopping by."

The worst thing I've heard about this stuff is that there is now a version of the National Anthem in Spanish. WTF is that all about? The National Anthem is America's Anthem and it is done in English. Immigrants coming here need to become more American or they need to go away. I am all for them keeping their heritage, teaching their young their roots, all that. But they can not be allowed to push aside our heritage and our ways. Integration is different than losing touch with their roots. Big difference.

We are a nation of idiots if we allow this stuff to continue.

3 comments:

Me said...

I'm trying to just keep my mouth shut about the whole issue because it's so frustrating.

I'm all for rights for DOCUMENTED workers. When you are here illegally, that is entirely different.

zipping my mouth shut..................

a beer sort of girl said...

All of the landscaping guys are still out & working today around my office & my neighborhood...

JK said...

Hey Bob, I hear what you're laying down. I have been saying the same thing, and I don't even live in the U.S.

A criminal pride parade.... who would have thought??!