Thursday, May 11, 2006

I Saw Meritt Last Night

Last night on the way home this woman in an SUV came from out of nowhere, jumped from the right lane and nearly clipped my bumper to get in front of me. Then she proceeded to slow me down and everybody behind me too. I was pissy about that, let me tell ya! Then she got into the lane to my left so I sped up so I could give her a once over, you know, for maybe flashing the fickle finger of fate. When I got beside her I couldn't do anything but smile. When she looked over I immediately thought it was Meritt.

She looked a lot like Meritt. I had one of those moments of hesitation where I actually thought "What is she doing here?" Then when she looked over she waved to me. I guess she knew I wasn't happy about the stupid driving. All I could do was nod and smile and keep going.

I knew it wasn't Meritt. She is a couple miles away from here. (maybe 941.27 miles?) It also was a Ford SUV. But I still couldn't do anything but wave and smile. (Besides, I am sure Meritt is a much better driver than that, right?)

This morning when I drove the opposite way past that area it made me laugh again. Funny how associations like that can change your attitude, eh?

Too bad it really wasn't her too. I was really close to a Starbuck's. :)

2 comments:

Me said...

ROTFL....

Last night I was driving around Des Moines Iowa... and I was NOT driving like that woman. As a matter of fact last night I was scolding a very bad driver *using my pointer finger... not my middle finger* and I'm sure ALL the drivers around me were laughing as I probably looked like an old granny scolding a child than the typica "middle finger wave" most do!

PS:

I "see" bloggers ALL the time. Or see someone I think look like them. ;)

cat said...

meritt - I scold drivers (and people) like that ALL the time. LOL! We're so sweet and innocent.

YB - thats so funny! i'll be you were all "confoundit woman! go back to Iowa!" weren't you? :)