Friday, October 06, 2006

Could Be An Interesting Day

Did you ever take a longer road just because you felt like it? I did that this morning. I took a longer, more out of the way road just because the road fit my mood. It is secluded, lonely and deserted. It took far more time to go that way but I really didn't care. Somehow that worked for me this morning.

Did you ever think something about someone and then become surprised that you were right? I did that this morning. I was waiting in the coffee line this morning wondering why it was so slow. I noticed a new face behind the counter. She looked really young. I thought she also looked European. She was new and in training. I noticed one of the regular people showing her the keys and I thought it was excessive. She didn't seem to understand the labels. I remember thinking, "I wonder what country she is from?" Then I spoke to her. She had some heavy accent, maybe French? I dunno. She had this really long french braided hair that hung to her waist. Maybe she really was French?

Have you ever been stuck in traffic and wondered where the nice drivers have gotten to just to be surprised when one shows up? I had that happen this morning. I was stuck for a while trying to turn left across traffic. I waited and started thinking that I had been stupid to end up there. Then suddenly the line of traffic stopped and I saw a guy waving me across. I went by him and waved. That was pretty cool of him. His light was still green and he didn't need to do that. I thanked him several times even though he didn't hear it. Maybe he had been stuck in that left turn lane before too.

Have you ever seen a sight that made you feel the word "alone"? I saw a kid standing all alone in the rain waiting for the bus this morning. It was still half-dark out too. He had a rain coat and his backpack on and was waiting all by himself. I thought, "Now there is a lonely looking picture." It made me think that I knew what "alone" felt like.

Have you ever realized that a day old conversation may have meant more than you took it to mean when it was live? I did this morning. Something my best bud talked to me about yesterday suddenly clicked in my head that it may have meant something totally different than I had taken it for. I can't wait to see her today.

So that's how my brain is working this morning. Tonight we are having a big time happy hour downtown. Lots of people going. Two good people are leaving the company and one has a birthday. Should be fun. It's gonna be the second time we've mingled with co-workers. I think I'll skip out on too much boozing. Gotta keep up appearances. Besides, I can't be late for the Yankee game. :)

With my brain wavelength-ing (I just made that word up) like this, it could definitely be an interesting day.

2 comments:

Me said...

for some reason this post almost makes me want to cry this morning.

Yankeebob said...

Awww Meritt, I didn't mean to make you cry. :)