Friday, October 20, 2006

Lesbians and Babies

There are some things in this world I just can't take. Some things that gross me out so much it irritates me. Today one of those things happened.

One of the women that works here brought in her baby. For whatever reason about an hour ago I walked through the lunchroom into this small crowd of babbling, goofy acting women passing this little kid around. They were acting as if they had never seen one before.

I just watched for a minute and wondered. They really bugged me acting like idiots.

Then this guy came in and started being a dork too. Grabbing the kid and lifting him way up in the air. Talking baby talk. Thats when I left. He was the worst.

Scenes like that really gross me out. Why? I dunno. They just do.

So tonight I am having dinner with my lesbian friends. We are headed out to a steak house to have some good food, commiserate about the Yankees and generally unwind. They are a cool couple. One good thing for sure is that I will never have to worry about a scene like the aforementioned from them. They have nieces and nephews that visit a lot but they don't act all retarded when they see them.

I wonder if a gay couple that has kids ever acts totally annoying about them too? Maybe I should ask.

I still don't get why people bring their toddlers in to work anyway. It's like showing off a new car or something. "Look coworkers. Heres the latest model. I made him this year!"

Yeah, it's probably something like that.

No comments: