Monday, October 09, 2006

Monday Morning Stuff

I feel like I should have a lot to talk about this morning. I feel like it but somehow I don't.

I could talk about how the Yankees stunk it up in Detroit this past week. But I choose not to. One thing I will say is that it is exceptionally difficult to pull for your team for 7-8 months and then watch them implode like that. Its tough living and dying every game, every pitch sometimes, up & downs the whole season just to have it all gone without a fight. Probably the best lineup ever assembled and they couldn't score at all. I wonder if it would be easier if the team actually wasn't as good as they are?

Ah well, they did have a good season.

I'm feeling a little blah today. Like I'm starting to feel sick. You know how that works, the initial warning signs hitting you and you know something is coming. Its not the being sick, its the anticipation. Knowing its coming is the worst.

Friday night I went to a happy hour with a bunch of people from work. I went to hang for a little while and then head home. Of course happy hours always turn into several happy hours. I left late. But it was a great time. There are many incidents I could tell about but I won't. You all know how happy hours can get crazy. This one was no exception. But the one highlight I will tell about was when I was introduced to the 'red-headed slut'.

Everyone knows how much I love red-heads and all so when my friend Lindsey told me she wanted me to meet a red-headed slut, well I just thought that was OK. :)

Turns out it was a drink. It was a good one too. It made me head feel a little funny. OK, I'm a lightweight so it made me feel a lot funny. That was the end for me. Nothing but cokes after that one. But it was worth it.

Played golf with the boys yesterday. I swear, that game was invented by the devil. One time out and I play well. Next time out you'd think I had never played before. If someone can explain that to me I'd appreciate it.

Tonight I go for my first guitar lesson in 19 years. I decided I need to get some help with practice habits and such. I am far more rusty than I originally thought when I started with the band. So going to lessons will help with getting into good practice habits as well as having extra work with the song list. Could be fun.

I saw this freaky movie on SciFi Saturday night. I love those low-budget movies. Sometimes they can be pretty good. This one surprised me. It was called "Rest Stop". It was about this woman who stops at a rest stop in the middle of nowhere. While in the can her boyfriend disappears. As it turns out this rest stop is the hunting ground for a demented redneck in a yellow pick-up. Apparently he has been torturing and killing for decades via stranding women at that rest stop. It was pretty good, to tell the truth. Not an Oscar winner but good for a cheap thrill.

OK, time for more coffee. Happy Monday to everyone. :)

1 comment:

*krystyn* said...

Yep-those Yankees couldn't hit their way out of a wet paper bag this past weekend. Even though you love them, it'll be nice to see some different teams in the playoffs. Maybe next year.