Thursday, October 05, 2006

The Times They Are A'Changing

For the past 2 months I have been stuck to the new job like old chewing gum to the bottom of a shoe. It has been the most high paced, non-stop time I can remember at work in a very long time. This week has been the worst of it all. It seems like I just got started on Monday morning and suddenly it's Thursday. But this week marks a change.

The hard stuff is over. We have accomplished everything we needed to accomplish to get the project back on the right schedule. We have pushed and pulled, bitched, freaked out, laughed and run ourselves ragged and now the tough stuff is done. Life can now resume again.

I am looking forward to it. :)

I got a call from the big cheese yesterday congratulating my group for the job we've done. That was cool. No matter who you are and what you may think of the big cheeses of the world, a call like that feels good. (Good thing he's an OK guy. That made it even better.)

So now I can get into a more normal routine. We all can. There is still work to do. But the work load is much more manageable.

Most of all, I am really looking forward to scheduling days off. That sounds sweet. :) Perfect timing since the Baseball post-season has started. Woo-Hoo!!

I am also looking forward to catching up with everyone. I have been lax in the blog world since I started here. Couldn't be helped though.

So pats on the back for all the good people I work with these days. Even though they will never see this post I want to put that down here so someday I can look back and remember this feeling. Accomplishing what we have feels pretty good.

Now, about those days off.......

No comments: