Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Sold

First thing this morning we got the news that our company has been sold. Sold to a huge billion dollar, worldwide company. The place is in a mild uproar. I'm not sure why since we all knew it was a possibility. I should say probability.

For anyone who hasn't been through one of these transitions it can be unnerving. But if things go the way it seems they will, we will end up much better off than before.

Not the upper management of course. They are always the first to go. But they get the golden parachutes and move on to bigger and better things.

So all day we are having employee info meetings. The place should be crazy all day. I think it should be a fun time. Somehow I'm not nervous at all. Maybe I like being bought as a commodity. I feel special. ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, as long as you get a raise out of it, all is good. right?

Doug H said...

I like mergers...I always get more business out of it. ;-)

Good luck!