Monday, October 23, 2006

Geeky Afternoon

I'd like to say that my weekend was so amazingly exciting that I just can't tell you everything. I'd like to say that but I can't. The weekend was cool, just not too exciting.

I visited with a friend Saturday afternoon. She always keeps me entertained. We hung out and then had lunch at this weird Asian type place. It was good but the place was like an old diner. Yeah, a diner that served Thai. Weird.

I did play poker with the guys on Saturday evening. I was losing badly until we played Acey-Deucey. I was losing worse then. Until I caught a break and won the huge pot. That made me pretty much even for the night. Not bad.

Sunday was weird. Yardwork in the A.M. It was supposed to rain but never did. Then later my Mom of all people stopped in to say hi. It's been months since I've seen her. She and my Aunt were out shopping and decided to stop in. Yay me. :P The visit lasted about 2 hours but seemed like maybe 12.

Afterward I decided to unwind with a nice game of Civilization II. I have all the versions but I like the second one best. I worked on conquering the world while Football was on. Unlike most of my guy friends and a select few of my women friends, Football just doesn't capture my attention. Its just a filler between Baseball seasons for me. I do follow what happens but it isn't like the Yankees are on or anything. So when Football is on it stays in the background for me.

If you know me you know my attention span. It's kinda child-like so I started scanning channels to see if any movies are on. Movies capture my attention unlike most other things. I had options too. I could watch Shopgirl (which KB says sucks), Herbie Fully Loaded or a Vampire thing on Sci-Fi. I switched to Sci-Fi and knew right away I had seen that one. Basically it was crappy so I chose the Herbie movie. I will confess something here; I had seen that too. 4 times. But I like it and I like Lindsey Lohan so I watched it again.

What? I have a weakness for red heads and .... never mind.

Luckily Baseball was soon on and that killed the remainder of the afternoon/evening. Not much excitement going on this weekend. A total geeky Sunday afternoon. But it was nice.

Now it's time for work again. Another "Yay me" is in order, I think.

Happy Monday.

No comments: