Monday, October 16, 2006

Sexy Ugly

I actually talked to my sexy-ugly crush this weekend. It was a chance meeting so I sort of forced the issue. It turned out to be rather pleasant.

For those of you who don't remember what sexy-ugly is, it's a term I got from the movie "Kissing Jessica Stein". Jess and Helen were talking about people they found attractive even though they weren't really physically attractive. Like Mick Jagger. They are sexy but not pretty. Sexy-Ugly. :)

So when Lisa and I were talking about the movie we both laughed about that scene. Then we compared notes about people we thought were sexy-ugly. I mentioned a person who we both know from work who I have always had this strange kinda crush on even though she isn't very attractive at all. There is just something about her. Thats who I ran into this weekend.

I was at Lowe's Saturday walking down the main aisle and I saw her walking toward me. My first thought was, "What is she doing way up here?" My hometown isn't all that close to work. As she approached she looked up and smiled so I stopped and started a conversation. She recognized me from work too so it wasn't so hard. Turns out she had moved nearby a few years ago. She loves the area. Shes the outdoorsey type and lives near the Applachian Trail so it's perfect for her. We talked for a while. It was pleasant to see that she was kind of cool. You never know. She could have been sexy-ugly and a goober. But she's not.

So now I can say hey to her when I see her these days. That will be a nice change. But now I wonder if I will still have the same fascination with her. Sometimes knowing a person changes the interest level. Maybe the fantasy is the thing? I doubt it but you never know. We'll see I guess.

Anyone else have an example of someone they think is sexy-ugly?

No comments: