Friday, October 20, 2006

Yellowtail Sucks

I took a friends advice and tried Yellowtail Shiraz last night. What a mistake that was! I eagerly opened the bottle, let it air just a bit and then gave it a taste. Immediately I thought I'd throw up on the spot. It was worse than nasty.

So what did I do? I waited a little while and tried again. I'm like that. Can't just give up on something without giving it the full-out college try. But it just got worse. Sometimes when a wine is not great and it airs a little it will get better. This one didn't. It just got nastier. Like rotten vinegar. (Does vinegar get rotten?)

The worst part? It made my stomach feel bad. Kinda burning and nauseated.

So it wasn't a wine for me. I was so looking forward to it too. But I won't be turned off to Yellotail in general. I will try another one. Just not that Shiraz stuff.

Anyone else have a good wine recommendation? After this experience, I'm not afraid to try anything.

1 comment:

Doug H said...

Yellowtail needs to be imbibed with agressive food. That being said, I don't like any of their reds either.

Try a merlot from Chili. They have had the best reds for a few years now.