Sunday, October 15, 2006

Gotta Wonder Sometimes

Today I was waiting at an intersection in a left turn lane for traffic to break. There was a lot of traffic going both ways. I noticed a family on one side of the street waiting to cross. A Mom, Dad and 3 kids, one in a stroller. I knew they would be waiting a while. The Father seemed to know that too. He stood there beating on that crosswalk button that never works trying to get the walk light to turn on. I thought he was trying to pound it into the pole the way he was hitting it.

After a while I saw him grab one of the boys shoulders and push him toward the street. He kept prodding the kid like he wanted him to cross the street. I thought "WTF is that all about?" That's when the kid quickly hopped off the curb and ran through traffic to cross.

I just about freaked because I was sure he would get hit. He didn't but it was close.

Then I saw the Father yelling at him and the kid went to the crosswalk button on the other side and leaned on it, just holding it down.

Apparently the Father figured that pressing both buttons would make the crosswalk light work. It didn't. The lights changed and they had to wait a little longer for traffic. Then it changed and the left lanes got those arrows things so I went. They were still waiting but as I went by I heard the guy yelling for the boy to come back across to them. ???

What a dumbass! He made that kid run through traffic for nothing. I wanted to stop, get out, walk up to him and slap him hard in the back of the head. What a freaking retarded thing to do.

I didn't see if the kid came back across or not. I didn't hear any sirens so I guess that kid did OK. Still, how impatient can a person be to risk injury to their own child?

There sure are some morons out there.

No comments: