Sunday, September 26, 2004

And So I Wait, If Not Patiently.....

Just sitting around, semi-patiently waiting for the Yankees - Red Sux game. Kevin Brown is back today, just 3 weeks after surgery on his hand. Hey Kevin, no stupidity today, OK? Win or lose, we need you for the playoffs. Actually I've accomplished much this morning in anticipation of this afternoon's game. Don't want to feel guilty.

Nope, I'm not a 'typical guy' in that I barely notice the Football season has started while Baseball is still ongoing. Even then, Football doesn't hold my attention well. And after Football is over, there are no sports I can get too excited about. I play Golf (I guess what I do sort of resembles Golf in a way), but watching it is boring. Hockey and Basketball are pretty much the bottom of the barrel to me. Maybe a little Tennis. Truth is, I anticipate the beginning of the next Baseball season immediately after the World Series is over. All the rest is not too interesting to me.

I sometimes wonder what drives the 'gung ho super sportsman types'. Men and women can get that way. Mostly men I think, but I've known women like that. You know, the "If it's a sport, it's super cool!" type. I don't get that. After Baseball is done, I use the time for other hobbies that have been set aside, like movies, art projects, stuff like that. It's nice that Major League Baseball takes a 5 month break. That way I can too. Thanks guys. I know you do it just for me.

Sheesh!

No comments: