Wednesday, September 01, 2004

An August To Forget.....

Well, I was sick yesterday and really didn't feel up to pretty much anything, so I checked the scores before crashing early and went to sleep. I wasn't too worried about the Yankees getting behind in the first. After all, Javy is a slow starter and the boys seemed to be hitting better lately. This morning I checked the scores, as usual, and now I feel more sick than yesterday! What the f#@%!?! 22-0 loss to a scrub team like the Indians? Stunning, to say the least. Sickening.

I've said it many times before and here it is again, I hate the dog days of August. If the Yankees are going to slump, it always seems to be August. The great thing is, it's now September. Time to see real Yankee baseball. With the lead a bit smaller, this month will be like the beginning of the post-season. We have 6 games with the Buttsox starting 9/17. That is where we will bury them once and for all. Before that the Yankees have time to get back on track. All real Yankees out there know not to panic. I'm not. Truthfully, I'm looking foreward to the Sox series more than I thought I would. It's crunch time, boys. Time to start kicking the bums to the back of the rack where they belong.

2 comments:

peachy said...

22-0?! Isn't there some point where the game just ends because you're losing so bad? Maybe that should be a new rule. I don't think you could've watched it anyway, once it was 10-0. Unbelievable.

Anonymous said...

Yeah Peachy, its call the ten run rule in little leaque baseball and thats the way the Yankees played last night...little leaque.