Saturday, September 11, 2004

Loves A Funny Thing

Well, I fell in love again last night. (It happens to me sometimes.) I went to a retirement party for an old friend, had a kick-ass time, and got re-aquainted with someone I've been missing for a while. One of those things you know is there but forget on purpose. Funny how that works. I knew I missed her, but I didn't realize how much until we met again. Oh, nothing can come of it, but it is fun to dream. Unless one of us wins the Lottery. Then we have promised to run away. Possibly for a while. Possibly for a longer time than that.

Sounds pretty melodramatic, eh? I wonder how many people have instances where they fall into and out of love so quickly? It happens on a fairly regular basis, I think. Don't know why, but it does. I believe that more often than not it comes from a person who wants to be somewhere else, as in free to be able to act on an impulse, but they currently can't. It can be exciting. It can be frustrating. It's sometimes imaginary, mostly infatuation. It's never dull.

I've felt this kind of thing before. I know that the feeling usually goes away in short order. But there are times when the feelings don't go away. When you re-aquaint with a kindred spirit. Then you have to force them back so you don't act stupid. Bury them. At least until you win that big 'ol lottery.

No comments: