Tuesday, September 14, 2004

More Stuff I Just Don't Get.....

.....the list is ever growing.....

- 'Old Guy' Security Guards

A good number of Security Guards are 'old guys' that are retired and working again for extra money. The only problem with this is, how do you take them seriously? They sure can't chase you down. Health is an issue here, not to mention lack of speed & stamina.

Also, some of them are technologically challenged. They have a hard time operating a PC or understanding a PLC screen.

And worse yet, some places give them guns. In one of the places I've worked, one of them dropped his gun in the restroom and it went off, killing the shower dead. That shower sure won't be messing with him any time soon.

- Miniature Dogs

I can't see the point of owning one of those mini, yippie, noisy, high-strung, step on them and they disappear dogs. If someone wants a dog, why don't they get a DOG. One they can wrap their arms around and hug and play with and it can be a buddy. Not some thing that's always nervous and has to be babied constantly. If size is an issue, get a cat.

- Desks Covered In Photos

Why do some people have to put 10 to 1000 family photos on their desk? I can see having your sweetie's picture on the desk, maybe a kid photo or 3. But some people have their entire family portfolio on their desk. 8 X 10s by the dozens. The whole family tree represented. Why? I knew a Manager that had so many family photos in her office that she set up a seperate shelving unit just for photos. Weird.

- Super Sized Gym Teachers

I remember having a gym/health teacher in the 7th grade that was so overweight that he would sit on a tall stool to count down the calisthenics we were doing. I remember everyone resenting the 'blob on a stick' (as he was referred to) so much that no one was even paying attention to what he tried to teach in the health class.

Recently I met a Phys. Ed. teacher from a local school that was pretty huge. I wonder how this kind of person gets the job? What happens during the interview that someone actually believes they know about good health? How is this person taken seriously as a health professional? I don't get it.

- Old Lady Perfume

Where I work there are a couple of older ladies that wear their perfume so strong that you know they are coming minutes before they arrive. Once they leave, their scent remains for an hour. I think the stuff they use probably costs about $.50 per gallon and they use about a gallon a week. It's a good thing they don't smoke. Lighting up a smoke would light them up quick.

1 comment:

peachy said...

All good posts today Bob. I laughed about the gym teachers, but all of mine were healthy and participated along with us in the various sports.

The perfume one was good too. I think the older you get the worse your sense of smell is, so you have to put on more than one spritz because you still can't smell it (I'm mean).