Friday, September 10, 2004

I Almost Feel Bad For Lou

Almost.

When the Yankees get a sweep like they did this week against the Rays, there is nothing but music in the air. (Just ask Karen.) Hats off to Sturtze who came through in the 4th, relieving Halsey with the bases loaded and 1 out. I have to admit, that was a scary spot in the game. I personally feel the jitters when Sturtze comes in lately, but he came through.

Moose was awesome in the first game! With every outing he gets better and better. And Sheffield is still on a roll. (MVP!)

Almost feeling bad for Lou comes from my memories of him playing with the Yankees a while ago. (OK, quite a while ago!) He was part of the 1977 & 1978 championship teams. I don't forget my childhood heroes, but I don't really feel bad for beating them when they are no longer with the Yanks.

It sure took a long time to get the games in this week thanks to the hurricane. I feel for Florida, looking at another one on the way. Hopefully this one will die out or miss them. Fingers are crossed.


No comments: