Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Lotsa Blogs

Every now and then I'll hit the little button on this blog that goes to the next blog. Sometimes I'll check out a few and find some interesting stuff. Sometimes not. I started this blog thanks to becoming hooked on my fellow Yankee and Cap'n of the good ship Mystique and Aura Karen Bischer's blog. I found her's one day trying to find some Yankee info. After following the exploits of KB and her gang for about a year, I attempted to leave a comment, got into the set-up thing and somehow found myself with this blog. (Yes, I waited a whole year!)

At first I believed I would just post solely about the main driving force in my life, The New York Yankees. But once I got started with this thing, I found it was a pretty cool way to vent about anything and everything. Anyone who knows me knows I'm full of opinions on pretty much anything, so this forum suits me fine. No interruptions while venting/ranting etc..... Gotta love it!(This is going somewhere. Be patient!)


Turns out there are other fringe benefits. I've been able to connect with others in parts of the country that I may never get to visit. I especially like the great Yankees that are out there. Check out Shannon's blog. There is a true Yankee for ya! Or this one by Matt that has lots of variety along with the important Yankee stuff. Or my friend Terri's blog, who writes about her every day experiences.

But the vicarious adventures to be found are limitless. Some people are so honest about their feelings and reactions to things around them, it's almost painful. Most blogs seem to be used in place of a personal journal. A lot are like this one, a place to post observations and opinions.

I try to keep up with several that have caught my attention. I haven't added many to the links list yet. Not until I'm sure I will keep reading them regularly. Here's a list of some:

http://beergirlsblog.blogspot.com/ (Theres a lot to said for a girl who prefers beer and blue jeans.)
http://smashlee.blogspot.com/ (Very direct, no BS style. Gotta love it.)
http://livingitnow.blogspot.com/ (A picture journal! Good for people that don't read much.)
http://writingroad.blogspot.com/ (Aspiring writer. Looking forward to seeing how it goes.)
http://vickyy.blogspot.com/ (Intense teen in school. Very honest. Also a Yankee.)
http://www.suddenlyabride.blogspot.com/ (Adventures of a newlywed. Could be interesting.)

I guess the point of this is that I'm having a kick ass time exploring the blog world. Maybe it'll last with me, maybe not. But right now, the adventures are pretty OK.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should try doing some work every now and again!! Just kidding. :)

Karen said...

I think everyone should have a blog, regardless of if they think their life is interesting or not. It IS a fabulous place to vent or just link to stuff you find cool. You'll appreciate it 20 years from now when you look back and think "Wow, I was like that back then?"

And I know I wouldn't have much of a crew for the Mystique and Aura if it weren't for the blogisphere!