Sunday, September 19, 2004

Flipping channels between innings of the Houston/Milwaukee game:

Emmys are on, hmm…Gary Shandling just said that if the conservatives want to make gays stop having sex, they should allow them to get married. He said it worked for him. That’s hilarious!

There’s some kind of reality show on VH1. Flavor Flav and Brigitte Neilson getting it on? That’s too much reality! Hey, Ryan Starr is on the same show. Ryan Starr is fine!

I think Tony Gwynn is an excellent play by play guy. He’s a natural. Sure do miss seeing him hit, though.

How does someone stay a Brewers fan year after year?

Titanic is on. The most expensive movie ever made. Good movie, but Billy Zane doesn’t fit the character.

Very cool! Speed is on. A Sandra Bullock sighting! Now I’m in heaven. I was hoping to have a Sandy sighting on the Emmy show. This’ll do!

Clemens looks good tonight. (Pitching, that is.) Retirement my ass! How ‘bout, ‘I’m a lying dog.’ He’s still a Boston bum to me, no matter where he ends up.

Miami playing Cincinnati on ESPN. Miami sucks! Maybe they all should take up pot smoking.

Is there anyone better than Al Pacino?

How can anybody watch this wrestling crap!?! I can’t believe it has such a large following. I wonder how many people still think it’s real? Geez!

Brewers Manager Ed Yost interviewed. Says the franchise is still working on getting back to respectability. I sometimes feel bad for the good guys of baseball ending up in places like that. Is that too condescending? It wasn’t meant to be.

I wonder if the Astros are the oldest team in baseball in terms of average player age? If not, they are close to the top of the list.

Poker on Comcast Sportsnet. I guess it’s better than ESPN. One of the players name is Chip. Figures.

Cal Ripken sure does a lot of commercials lately. Probably needs the money.

How can Cheryl Ladd still look so good? She looks the same as she did on Charlie’s Angels. Good surgeon, I guess.

Cool! 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea is on SciFi. Kirk Douglas starring. (The 1954 version.) Kind of funny, the ship that just got damaged was called the finest in the White Star Fleet. Same fleet that owned the Titanic. Weird coincidence.

That's enough for me. Nights like tonight make me wonder how the batteries in my remote work so long. Miracles of modern science!

Gotta have one more peek at Sandy first! So, I can't help it, I'm a slave to my passions! Woo Hoo!

1 comment:

peachy said...

I think we were watching tv at the same time! You forgot to mention Panic Room and any show by Jerry Bruckheimer (Cold Case, CSI, Without a Trace).