Tuesday, September 28, 2004

I've Seen The B Team In Action

For the past few nights on my way home, one of the roads I travel has been under construction. This is a small 2-lane road off the highway. Well, I've noticed that when I get onto the newly paved stretch of road, it gets pretty rough. That seemed odd to me, as the team of road workers has been working diligently to finish the job. Hmmm. So I decided to investigate this phenomenon.

When I checked out the new paving I noticed it was not so smooth. It had many nooks and crannies in the surface. Kind of looked like those pictures of the Moon's surface. This sure didn't resemble the job the highway pavers do. It just so happens part of the stretch of highway I travel in the morning is also being paved right now and that new stretch is pretty smooth. Hmmm.

This leads me to the only possible conclusion I can come up with; the highway pavers are the A Team and the back road pavers are the B Team. Maybe they separate the more experienced pavers from the scrubs like the high schools do for sports. They have a Varsity team for the athletic superheroes and a Junior Varsity team for the not quite so good athletes. That's what the highway people must do. The Highway team must be like the Varsity and the back road team is working hard to make the Varsity team. Once they get the knack for making a smooth road, they get promoted and get to do highway jobs. I'll bet they get pretty excited when they hit the big time, out there on some highway. Only thing that sucks is we have to put up with the rough B Team back roads until they get the system down. Oh well. Maybe the A Team will come over and help the B Team smooth out their rough paving job and everyone will live happily ever after.

1 comment:

peachy said...

Great analogy! I think you're probably right. Who would think that paving the highway is hitting the big time?