Thursday, September 16, 2004

Stupid Questions I've Been Asked Or Heard Recently

Sometimes people don't think before they speak. I'm especially guilty of this. But some questions that are asked really stick with you. I remember Juan Epstein on Welcome Back Kotter saying once, "My mouth was movin before my mind was groovin." Yep, I've been there. Here are some that beg for this question, "Did you really ask that?":

-- Is there weather today?

I'm not sure how to answer this one, not without sarcasm.

-- So, how many shoes do you wear?

Uh, two at a time.

-- Is that music playing?

Well, is that music you're hearing?

-- What does your watch say?

Not much lately. We aren't speaking.

-- Are you there? (When you've already answered the phone.)

Nope, this is a very realistic interactive recording.

-- Are you awake? (After already responding the first time.)

What can you say and still be nice?

-- Is that real?

Nope. We both have really good, identical imaginations.

-- What show is Sportscenter on?

That would be the show 'Sportscenter'. (This one is iffy. Some folks don't watch ESPN.)

-- Why are Flies called Flies?

I was too embarrassed for this person to answer. (Unless 'Flies' is a scientific term I'm not aware of.)

-- What's a soundcard for?

Uuhhh, well, could it be? nah. Um, well, maybe its.....


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The comment why do they call flies flies makes you wonder a bit. I always did wonder though, why do they call butterflies butterflies and not flutterbye's, That's what they do!