Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Blah Blah Blah

Did you ever notice how people like to repeat themselves? When someone is talking and they make a point, they usually repeat it. Sometimes more than once. It's a weird thing. I think I do it too. Lately I have noticed it a lot. Many conversations consist of repeated sentences. Several ideas/thoughts/opinions repeated more than once.

Oh well. Repetition is the best way to remember something.

Last night I was bored. Bored, bored, bored. (See how I repeat myself?) No good Baseball was on. No good movies. I decided to log in and check out the WoW game but it was one of those update nights. One patch only 276mb but it took over 5 hours to download. Isn't that odd? My computer should be able to download t a 276mb patch in a minute (or less) but not with the WoW game. It takes forever.

Anyway, I was waiting for a friend to call during the boredom time. (That was going to be my original point here.) She has tried to call me several times this week but I haven't been able to answer. I've been away or busy or just didn't have my phone on. Now last night I have nothing going on and she can't call me. Ironic, isn't it? lol

I'm kinda blah today. Don't really feel like doing much. All I really feel like doing is jumping into some work and getting the day done. I'm gonna find something to do that will kill the time so the day will fly by. Busy is best for these kind of moods.

Some dope in Engineering scheduled a meeting from 9:00 until 1:00 today. When I saw him yesterday and he asked me if I'd be there I just laughed at him. Yeah, I'll be wasting my whole day sitting a talking and not getting anything done. Sure, that sounds like a plan.

I think they can handle the meeting stuff without me. I bet the highlights could be summarized in about 2 sentences anyway.

The Yankees lost again last night. *sigh* I know they will get better but this stretch is a bummer. Too many hurt pitchers. They have started (as of the weekend) 21 games with rookie pitchers. How odd. The last 2 rookies that started got knocked out of the game early. Literally knocked out. Hit by line drives. One got a broken bone in his leg for it and one got a broken finger. The finger guy only pitched to one hitter too.

Imagine getting called up to the big leagues for your first start. Your life-long dream come true. Then imagine the first batter you pitch too hitting the ball right at you and breaking your finger, knocking you out of action for 3 months. 3 whole months because the finger needs surgery. Unreal.

I'd cry. A little maybe? In private. :)

Hope my Jersey Girl is in better spirits than I am this morning. It's nice to get a lift from friends every once in a while. But she has a lot to be happy about these days so I'm sure she will be fun, as always.

K, time for coffee. Gotta get moving so the day ends fast.

1 comment:

Me said...

I repeat myself now, after being married to my husband and raising mys son! I never had to before but my husband never responds with "yeah" "alright" "uh-huh" or any other affirmative acclimation that he has heard you... umm, that would be communication. LOL.

And my son? Remember, he's the kid that will lose his train of thought walking through from one end of the room to the other. I had to learn to repeat it a few times so he could remember. LOL.

Now? I think it's just a bad habit.